What does this Policy Cover?
Sets out the principles Gibson Importing follows when collecting, using and storing Personal Information: and
Describes other important topics relating to an individual's privacy. By purchasing and/or supplying products from Gibson Importing, communicating through email, by telephone, in writing or by using any of Gibson's other services, including the Gibson Gifts and Unity Gifts websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Collection Use, Storage and Security of Information
Gibson Importing does not sell or rent personal information from our clients and their customers to any third party. The provision of your personal and/or organisation information will only be used for the purpose of providing our products and services to you. The personal information collected by Gibson Importing could include:
- name, title, address;
- telephone number;
- email address, customer numbers and online passwords;
- private address;
- records of communication with Gibson Importing;
- credit card or debit card information;
- purchasing history;
- website usage information.
Personal Information will, generally, only be used for the primary purposes of:
- conducting, improving, maintaining and developing our business relationship;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- to confirm your identity;
- manage employee records;
- respond to individual's queries;
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional offers); and
- improving all of the Gibson Importing Pty Ltd websites.
Storage and Security of your Personal Information:
- Gibson Importing secures and protects personal information from misuse or loss and strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites and managed on our databases, through firewalls and periodic security updates in light of current technology.
How Gibson Importing will disclose your Personal Information?
Gibson Importing Pty Ltd discloses personal information for one or more of the following:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected;
- where the individual would reasonably expect this;
- where the individual has consented;
- as required or authorised by any applicable law;
- as required for processing of credit card payments by Internet Payment Gateways and Merchant Facilities;
- For direct marketing by Gibson Importing (but giving the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing). We include our contact details and opt out option on all direct marketing material.
Gibson Importing does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law. We will not sell or license any personal information that we collect from an individual.
There may be other situations where we may collect and use personal information. If we have reason to believe that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary. (This may include, the Police or any other enforcement body, your Internet Service Provider or network administrator).
Accuracy and Correction of Personal Information
Gibson Importing takes steps to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever information comes to our attention. We encourage customers, suppliers, employees and individuals to contact us with corrections to their personal information and we will endeavour to comply to the correction of these changes in a timely manner.
Processes are implemented periodically to reasonably sweep the database, manual files and electronic scanners to clear any inactive or out of date information in our possession.
Access to Personal Information
Gibson Importing acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them.
If an individual wishes to view their Personal Information held by Gibson Importing, then that person needs to send a written request by email to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Anonymity when dealing with Gibson Importing
Gibson Importing allows individuals the option to remain anonymous. However, this is only practical for basic and general enquiries.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect server logs. The statistics and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by Gibson Importing.
Using our Website
In general on Gibson Importing websites, IP addresses (a number that is unique to the computer through which you are connected to the internet) are logged to track a user's session. We analyse this data for certain trends and statistics, such as which pages of our site users are visiting and how long they spend there. When Gibson Importing receives information about your session or about you, we may also use it for research or to improve our site, the services we provide and the marketing offers we send.
The Gibson Importing website uses "cookies". Cookies maintain a session identification number to give you a streamlined browsing experience, simpler and more seamless web page.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. (However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information). That being said, we do not store any kind of sensitive data (email address, name, etc.) in the cookies and no data other than a server generated id number is stored and collected by our web server.
Gibson Importing websites may contain advertisements and links to other websites operated by third parties. These links are meant for your convenience only.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies of these third party materials. Visitors to those sites should refer to their separate privacy policies and practices before disclosing personal information.
You can opt out of DoubleClick & Facebook cookies by visiting the DoubleClick opt-out page, the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or access http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to exercise choice.
Other Important Information